Why La Retraite?
Investing in You
Professional development is extremely important to us. We understand the pivotal role our staff play in ensuring students make the progress we desire for them. We have invested in a range of professional development opportunities for our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
- A 10-week (1 day per week) detailed induction programme for NQTs and New Staff with extensive training in a range of interventions and practises (Safeguarding, H&S, Catholic Ethos, SEN/EAL, teaching with technology, Oracy, Metacognition)
- Two weeks of paid work for newly qualified teachers in July for a September start
- Dedicated weekly mentor hour for NQTs and PGCEs
- Leadership Programme for different levels of responsibility (NPQM, NPQS, NPQH)
- Inner London pay
- Well-being programme
- Inset sessions on Teaching with Technology and Blended Learning
- Training sessions on Oracy and Literacy
- T-level training
- Cross-curricular working parties to develop teaching and learning and share best practice across the school
- Access to different online training platforms (SSS, National College)
- Support to attend subject specific CPD courses
- Internal department training
- Royal Navy training for designated staff.
A Rewarding Career
We recognise the importance of developing and sustaining creative, productive and empowering working environments in which our staff can flourish. To enhance and support day-to-day life working at La Retraite, we offer unique benefits related to the individual, and working environment. Some of which include:
- Inner London weighting
- Free onsite parking
- Free tea and coffee and spacious staff room
- Dedicated wellbeing programme: the Heath Assured Employee Assistance Scheme and access to an onsite staff counsellor
- Benenden Membership (healthcare scheme)
- Positive teaching environment: computer suites, spacious classrooms, interactive whiteboards, modern technology, well-resourced library, state-of-the-art Sixth Form centre, dedicated science labs and much more
- We endorse the Cycle-to-Work scheme, childcare vouchers and annual season ticket loans
- Staff social events are organised throughout the academic year
- Regular onsite massages
- Working in Lambeth offers a competitive employment package, attractive working environment and strong prospectus to support and enhance your professional working life. A vibrant borough just 18 minutes from the centre of London, we are well connected through excellent transport links
- A wealth of unique sights, attractions and activities on your doorstep to benefit you in your free time and provide exciting learning opportunities beyond the classroom
- A culturally rich borough: closely situated to the Tate Modern, Imperial War Museum, Shakespeare’s Globe, Lambeth Palace, Streatham Ice Rink, Norwood Park, Brixton O2 Academy, Brixton Market and Village, a plethora of theatres, and so much more.
What can you expect from us?
- Relationships between staff are based on mutual respect and developmental feedback. Senior leaders encourage staff through clear leadership and a meaningful vision for the school
- The potential and commitment of all staff is recognised and rewarded
- We value strong partnerships with our whole school community: parents, families and Governors
- Positive engagement with networks, professionals and organisations
- Strong, visionary and successful leadership
- An emphasis on a positive home: life balance
- A highly skilled, supportive and approachable network of colleagues.