La Retraite’s Legacy of Academic Excellence Continues to Grow
Once again, we celebrated the successes and outstanding achievements of GCSE and Sixth Form cohort. The percentage of students achieving the top grades remains impressive and are a testament to students' hard work, adaptability and resilience, alongside staff’s determination and support.
At the La Retraite 6, the first ever T Level cohort saw 100% of students pass their exams, exceeding national averages, and an incredible 62% of students attaining A*-B grades.
Much of our Year 11 cohort are looking forward to returning in September to commence the next phase of their education at the La Retraite 6, one of the first centres in the country to pioneer T Level education alongside A Levels and Cambridge Technicals.
Highlights of the 2022 GCSE examinations include:
- 75% of students achieved five grades level 4+ including English and Maths
- 60% of students achieved five grades Level 5+ including English and Maths
- 83% of students achieved Level 5+ in English
- 73% of students achieved Level 5+ in Maths
- 70% of our students gained a 5 or above in both English and Maths
Of all GCSEs taken:
- 82% of students achieved Grade 4 and above, nine percentage points above the national average
- 67% of students achieved Grade 5 and above
- 27% of students achieved Grade 7 and above.
- Progess 8: +0.23
- Attainment 8: 53.2
- EBacc Entry: 53.2%
- EBacc (Standard): 48%
- EBacc (Strong): 33%
To view details on the school's performance in 2022 on the Department for Education website, please click here.
Given the uneven impact of the pandemic on school and college performance data, the government has said you should not make direct comparisons between the performance data for one school or college and another, or to data from previous years