The aim of the Key Stage 3 Curriculum is to prepare the students for GCSE, and allow them to start studying the GCSE when they are ready.
Please click here to view the KS3 Curriculum Booklet. Within this booklet is a summary of our assessment programme and some details about the curriculum your daughter will follow.
For each subject, there is:
- An overview of the content taught;
- An idea of the expected progress your daughter should make;
- The grade descriptors - a description of what your daughter has to achieve/accomplish to reach a certain GCSE level. This will be explained during lessons.
For further information about the school’s curriculum, please contact Mrs L Thompson, Deputy Headteacher (KS3 & KS4) and Ms R Coyle, Director of Learning, Sixth Form (KS5) via firstname.lastname@example.org
For the La Retraite 6 curriculum including A Levels and Cambridge Technicals, please visit the La Retraite 6 website, accessible here.
The curriculum is central to our Mission at La Retraite. We recognise that all students have special skills, abilities and aptitudes and all have an entitlement to access a broad, challenging and appropriate curriculum that:
- Enables students to develop as a whole person
- Provides a positive experience of learning so that they become lifelong learners.
- Enables students to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations.
- Supports students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Supports students’ physical development and responsibility for their own health and enable them to be active.
- Provides subject choices that support students’ learning and progression, and enables them to work towards achieving their goals
- Develop students’ independent learning skills and resilience, to equip them for further/higher education and employment.